So after my last entry (about one minute ago), I felt the need to highlight a particularly good parent. What makes this person a good parent? Here are a few things that comes to mind:
* Immediately asks about their child/ is concerned about his day
* Thinks about his child's future--socially, academically, culturally
* Strives to provide well for the family
* Sets a good example of a positive, contributing member of society
* Handles disagreements well--not physically or argumentatively
* Takes an active roll in all parts of parenting (morning, middle of the night, bedtime, supper, bathtime, book time, game time, play time, stroller time, cuddle time, etc. etc.)
* Sets clear expectations of appropriate behaviors
* Models good social skills
* Is not judgemental toward others, nor close-minded about diversity
* Is 100% comfortable with showing the world that family is first. Above everything.
And, here is where I can brag about being married to the above parent.