Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving...

Although the historically incorrect Pilgrim/ Indian story drives me crazy, I am thinking that I should at least pause and acknowledge what I'm thankful for.  So here are my sincere, truly thankful acknowledgments:

Of course I'm thankful for my family.  Everyday I feel fortunate to have a healthy little boy, who is turning into such a cool little person.  I'm thankful for my husband--who puts up with my typical womanly mood swings and loads the dishwasher in addition to completely manly tasks too.  I'm thankful for my parents, grandparents, sister, and in-laws-- and that they and their families are well & healthy too. 

My friends-- Seriously, some people are lucky enough to have one amazing friend--true friend-- in their life.  And honestly, I have more than one!  (I know, can you believe it?)  I love them all in different ways-- and can't imagine being who I am today without being shaped by most of them.

My job-- I love that I get to keep my professional foot in the door & do the job I love, while devoting every afternoon to my family. 

Our house--especially my big kitchen and our finished play room downstairs

Our community-- Okay, I'm being tricky here b/c Grundy isn't necessarily my favorite place but I'm very thankful for it.  I love feeling safe, I love the small town atmosphere, and I love raising my kid here.

All of the above are true, but here are some more..... shallow (?) things to add to the list:

*Electric Blankets
*Starbucks Drive Thru
*Target
*Mascara
*Pony tail holders on windy days
*Audio Books
*Sunroofs
*Binkies
*Smart Phones
*Amazon.com
*Fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes
*Nursing (so that the above was even possible)
*Dove Chocolate
*Spahn cottage
*Sirius XM Radio
*Town Parks
*Washing Machines (who is going to invent an ironing machine?)
*Treadmills & Bike Trainers (not that I use these things anymore)
*Relax Reisling & New Age Wine
*Digital Cameras
*Summer Vacation, Winter Vacation, Spring Break
*Pumpkin Pie (on Thanksgiving) & Creme Brule (on date night)


Happy Thanksgiving! Gobble Gobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment