Happy New Year!!
So I can't really decide if I'm a "resolution-y" type of person or not. Probably more on the "not" side-- can't you tell as I've already procrastinated 3 days in trying to come up with some resolutions? But I'm trying to reflect on 2011 and come up with some goals/ hopes/ resolutions/ whatever for 2012. Here's what I have come up with.
2011 was a pretty dang good year for me. I feel like I "came to" when it comes to parenting. (I've morphed into the perfect mom with the perfect kid--you know how it goes). I know I don't have everything figured out in that department (and god knows I won't ever come close) but I do feel like I became much more patient, confident, and understanding as a parent. I really started to enjoy being a mommy this year and I daydreamed about C heading off to college far fewer times than the year before.
I also feel like things are really good with M and me. Things weren't ever "bad" with us, but I don't think I ever fathomed how stressful a newborn could possibly be on a marriage. It feels good to have "us" again.
So I'm thinking about this year and I don't have a ton of resolutions.
But I think I can get better at the following:1. Staying calm (Stupid $hit tends to freak me out. Like the damn rainbow circle on the computer. Seriously!! Augh!)
2. Play more music in the house (The three of us LOVE singing-- I'd like to have more music and less TV on in our home)
3. Give pats on the back....to the dog too (she IS a part of this family, remember?)
4. Give my husband attention. (This will be very easy if he agrees to a monthly date night--wooing me at a restaurant like CU in W'loo)
5. Find "healthy" toddler snacks-- or at least cut down on Teddy Grahams and marshmallows (which reminds me-- this afternoon we made "Banana Milk"-- a huge and yummy hit! How come I can't think of these things?!)
And now, here are my 12 things I'd like to do in 2012
(in no particular order):
1. Scrapbook regularly -- I meet with some ladies once a month and it has become something I really look forward to. Plus, even though I only get about two pages finished at those things, I hope that I might actually finish a book for C someday.
2. Train for a race. Ideally I'd like to do another sprint tri with a friend of mine, and run another half marathon. (My last half marathon was 63 seconds over my 2 hour goal-- I MUST change that!!)
3. Organize my iphoto library/ old photos. Okay, this is super scary! But I really want to get my photos & videos off my computer and onto flash drives/ CD's to store. But everytime I start, I get overwhelmed and quit.
4. Work on my children's book illustrations. (Long story--I'll keep ya posted)
5. Learn how to knit a Christmas stocking (Something like this). Then knit said stocking. Then post pictures of the stocking. And take/post pictures of other previous knitting projects.
6. Help someone in need. I'm not exactly sure what this will look like/ entail but I feel like I need to start giving back a little more.
7. Take a vacation. A real one. With my husband and possibly some super awesome friends. (you all are invited!)
8. Learn how to use my dslr camera and Photoshop. Thanks to a high school friend, I am going to do this on January 21st!! Yay!
9. Spruce up the guest bedroom. In other words, make it look less like a big closet with an ironing board and more like a picture out of Pottery Barn. Or somewhere in the middle.
10. Write more letters. I LOVE mail-- so does everyone else, right? So I'm hoping to write maybe once a month--just something short and sweet.
11. Play weekly golf in the summer. I have wanted to do this for years and it never happens-- but I'm really going to try this year!
12. Take the 2012 goodreads reading challenge again! Last year I surpassed my goal of reading 20 books-- hoping I can do that again this year.