Friday, February 10, 2012

One Hand in my Pocket

So don't you love when you put on a coat or jacket that you haven't worn in awhile, stick your hand in the pocket, only to find that great unexpected soft crinkled up $10 bill?  (Or more often in my case, maybe a couple of bucks)  It's like a mini-Christmas!  It's one of my favorite things about fall/ jacket season and one of the (really stupid) reasons why I never check my coat pockets before storing them in the summer.  (Now, this isn't the best idea as one fall I discovered two pairs of sunglasses that were "lost" all summer--only to actually be hiding in my winter coats)

Anyway, back to the pockets.  Before becoming a mother, I would find the occasional dollar, hair tie, stale cough-drop, crinkled up "to do" list, paper clip, lip gloss, or nail file in my pockets.  The other day, I stuffed my hands in pockets (as I froze outside during recess duty) and this is what I felt:

Yes, it's a pig.
 
So it got me thinking.  Hmmmm..... I wonder what is in my other pockets.  So I did the unthinkable-- I checked them.  Here is what I found (enjoy the photos-- I'm still learning how to use my camera on Manual.  And please excuse the random dog hair and dust bunnies on the floor):






And then, just when I was thinking I would only keep finding "mom things", I found this!

Maybe finding hair ties, cough drops, and paper clips will happen again someday.  But for now, I'm kinda enjoying these little surprises.  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment