Friday, March 9, 2012

31 Days Facebook Free



If you're a facebook friend of mine, you might have noticed that I have been MIA for 9 days.  It's part of my March Madness plan--to give up facebook for the month.

When I told Mason my plan, he looked at me quizzically and said, "Why?  You don't have any facebook drama." Which, is true.  But I do seem to lurk around on it an awful lot.  And it just kind of....well.... sucks me in.  It's the weirdest, grossest, feeling.  It gives me nothing in return--just a lot of wasted time.  But I just have to check it.  One. more. time.  And I know that nothing will really be there, but still, I just check and check.  And occasionally post.

So, I needed to stop the insanity and take back my life!  (Okay, that's a bit dramatic, but I like it.)  After 9 days of no facebook, I have been a little more productive.  After three days of no fb, I had read an entire book, cleaned out my closet, tried 2 new recipes, soaked in a bath (!!!), and went to bed a little early.   I'm sure that I am missing out on knowing the mundane details of my "friends" but do I really need to know that the weather in their town is nice enough for jogging outdoors?  Nah.  I'm okay not knowing. 

And honestly, though the first couple days took some will power, it's crazy how little I have missed it as time has passed.   But, (darn it) I guess this means I should probably get back to being productive.....


PS:  My Catholic guilt is forcing me to confess this:  I "technically" have had to log on to fb three times:  Twice to upload videos to our elementary school fb page, and once to contact a yoga teacher for advice on yoga modifications for a sore shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment