Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I Kicked a Dog

Tonight, while riding home from yoga, an ugly little yippy dog ran out in front of me, barking excessively, and circling my bike.  I quickly yelled at it with as much "authority" as I could-- but I was way freaked out.   When I was doing a lot of bike riding (years ago now), I frequently met farm dogs out on the blacktops.  But for some reason, these big, outdoor, mixes of lab/ retrievers/ rottweiler/ mutt didn't ever bother me as much as the tiny, yippy, scary dogs.

So tonight, this little thing circled by bike and I yelled, "Go home! Go! Go!" and it didn't move!  Instead, it jumped up and nipped my pant leg (my favorite yoga pants leg, mind you).  So I did what I've never done before.  I kicked a dog.  It happened so fast and it was the tiniest of kicks.  But just a little kick to let it know that I was serious about not dragging a Pomeranian or whatever the hell kind of scary dog it was home with me.  And then it stopped barking, and trotted back to its driveway.

As I'm writing this, I'm noting the irony of coming directly from yoga (a calm, serene place, where you're taught to basically breathe through your difficulties) and then two minutes later kicking something that was biting me. Hmmmm.  I just don't know if the dog would have responded to "Namaste".

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA.You crack me up.

    Yippy dogs are annoying. I prefer the big old bear kind of dog myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have done the SAME THING.

    ReplyDelete