Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Incredible Edible Egg

Tonight as I peeled hard boiled eggs for our egg salad, C sat across from me in his chair and munched on "peanut butter toast raisins" (ants on a log).  But his curiosity got the best of him and he finally asked, "Me crack egg?"  Sure, why not?  I wobbled an egg across the island and let him 'get crackin'  (pun intended).



TEN MINUTES later, he had the egg peeled!  That's right, ten beautiful totally occupied minutes of peeling an egg which allowed me to rinse, cut, and boil the green beans for dinner, finish whipping up the egg salad, and even begin to set the table.  It was glorious.  I'm thinking we'll be keeping hard boiled eggs on hand-- not only are they a quick and healthy snack but they apparently are a ten minute toddler time filler as well!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment