Thursday, April 5, 2012

Property of...

One of my school counselor friends labels all of her books with a return address label.  It is a brilliant idea and one that I thought could be helpful with C's growing collection of books.

Whenever we are out and about, there is a 99% chance that we have one or several books with us.  Some people carry snacks, we carry books.  Lots of books.  So anyway, sometimes they get left places-- daycare, the library, strollers, bike carriers, other people's cars/houses, restaurants, etc.  I'm sure people would be more than happy to return them-- if they only knew where they belonged. And since we LOVE them so much, we hate to lose them!  (And I'm cheap and hate buying something that I've already bought.)

So..... enter C's new labels:  (I blurred out our phone number with my tech- savvy skills)



Aren't they cute?  I bought two packages of 210 from VistaPrint and think they turned really well.
I peeled and stuck them on all of C's books while he woke up from a nap one day (We went through about 3/4 of the labels-- omg, I knew we had a lot of books but wow, that's nuts).   I still need to do the handful of books in our basement, and the ones that are out in the vehicles and then we're set.  And maybe it's time to check out the library more----oh wait, we currently have 23 items checked out from there too.  Crazy book people.  Geesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment