Friday, June 29, 2012

Here We Go A- Triathlon-ing!

Well, it's finally here!  I'm on my way to NW Iowa to participate in a sprint triathlon with a good friend of mine.  I wish I could say that I've prepared as much as possible and that now it's all just about race day.... but the truth is that I don't think I've really prepared enough.  Maybe I'll have time to write more about this later, but right now (at this moment in my life), I'm just not into "training".  But doing this little tri has inspired me to get back in the pool, on the bike, and lace up my shoes.

(This will be my 2nd Sprint Triathlon!  Although I did do one sprint relay team, but that doesn't count.)

1st Sprint Tri: Cy-Man Triathlon  Ames, IA (Actually, I think it was technically Alleman?)
Fall, 2008
Mason thought I looked like a "little tic-tack" in my orange cap!  (Cy-Man Sprint Triathlon '08)

My cheering section post-race.  (They were awesome)

1st Olympic Distance Triathlon: Hy-Vee Triathlon, Des Moines IA

Summer 2009
Just a bit bigger venue....

And a bigger cheering section! (My family: Uncle & his wife, Mom & Dad, Sister & Bro-in-law, Hubby)
Don't forget these guys! (Mr. & Mrs. Flynn)

Oh, and don't forget this little peanut that came along for the swim, ride, and run!

Saturday's tri will be the first "distance event" that Mason hasn't attended. (Insert heartbroken face here) But having the chance to do it with Carrie and keeping the attitude that this is "for fun" will get me through.  I'll be sure to post an update (assuming that I live through it) next week.  Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment