Thursday, September 13, 2012

Buried Treasures

This is not exactly what I wanted to post as the first "show & tell" photo of my new craft room ...But at least it is being used!  (I will post a pic when/if it ever gets tidied up.  In the meantime, I'll just keep crafting away!)


So what exactly is going on here?  Basically, I'm trying to organize some photos that have been in random albums, binders, folders, and rubbermaid containers for the past....a'hem.... few  years.  And while I thought I could tackle this project in an afternoon, it has turned into quite the drawn out process.  I couldn't understand why it was taking me so long-- most of the photos I had were from high school through today. I don't even have very many childhood photos.  And then it dawned on me:  I have TWENTY YEARS worth of photos in these piles.  I was a freshman in High School TWENTY YEARS ago.  Whaaaaat?!  People talk about how quickly babies grow up, well, how did I grow up so quickly?  And am I really grown up?

But instead of debating that on the internet, I thought I'd share a few of the treasures I've uncovered.  (Sorry, can't share many college photos because I vowed to my friends that I would keep them OFF the internet--as we all want to keep our families and jobs in tact.)

But here are a two of my favorites that happen to include my grandfathers:

I don't have many photos of me with my Grandpa Arv, who died when I was only 14, so I treasure the ones I do have. I also love knowing I was about C's age when this photo was taken.

Oooh, I just LOVE this picture.  After spending so much of my childhood in that house, I can practically feel that couch and smell the Patchouli in the room.

So what started out as a tiny project to just organize my photos turned out to uncover some little gems.  Maybe I should get organized more often. :)

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite things to do in teh world is hunt through piles of photographs. And I have PILES of them. I was designated the family archivist last year -- because my parents did not want to hold onto all the photos anymore -- so if I ever (haha) have a free afternoon -- that is where I am found. in the basement -- surrounded by photos.

    ReplyDelete