Monday, October 22, 2012

Look Who's Coming to Spahnville!






(I think it's funny that she's on the left and I'm on the right in every-single-picture.)

The date is set!  The first weekend in November-- my bff and her little munchkin are going to come to Iowa! I am beyond excited but I'm trying not to think about it because otherwise I'll have anxiety about all the stuff I want to accomplish before she gets here.  

Someday I'm going to write a blog post about this gal and how freaking amazing it is that the Universe plopped us, two peas in a pod, down in little old Spencer Iowa and allowed us to attend the same schools for thirteen years.  We are freakishly similar and amazingly different.  We are the choir when the other one preaches and we are the preacher when the other acts as the choir.  That sentence made zero sense and I am 150% sure that she "got it".  When we spend time together, there is never one single dull moment (unless one of us falls asleep--usually me).  Our conversations are as scattered as our thoughts and peppered with childhood memories and belly laughs about our stupid decisions.  And eventually, we stop finishing our sentences because, well, it just is taking too much time and the other one knows where we're going with that sentence anyway.  It's just crazy.  And I'm just so excited.  

2 comments:

  1. I have a dear friend just like this and your post makes me miss her! So happy you get to see your friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are adorable. I am so lucky that my BFF lives near enough to do lunch and see each other a few times a month.

    ReplyDelete