Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pet Peeve #45

Normal Names with "creative" spellings.

This. Drives. Me. NUTS.

I think it's partly because I work in a school-- and it's hard enough for me to remember the names of kids, let alone how to turn the spelling of something normal into something totally wacky.  And it's partly because I just love strong, traditional, gender specific, (and usually boring) names.  (Obviously, as my kid's name is Charles)  But really, does everyone really need to name their kids something "unique" and unusual?  Apparently not.  Now you just give your kid a normal name and scramble up the spelling to confuse the heck out of everyone.

Today I saw a new one: Aeric.  Really?

Here are some of my other favorites:

Khloiey (Chloe)
Cidney (Sydney)
Dayvid (David)
Tjayden (Jayden)  --is the "Tj" German?

And my personal favorite:
 Cierrah (Sara)

No comments:

Post a Comment