Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Vivvy Book Sneak Peak

In less than two months, my grandmother will turn 90 years young!!  And to celebrate the occasion, my mom has agreed to create a photobook-- made up from photos of our entire family.  And folks, my mom's side of the family is not exactly small.  I think this is a huge undertaking but she seems excited to put it together.  I can't wait to see the finished product!

I had fun finding photos of our family to put in the book for Grandma but the more I thought about it, the more I kept thinking of memories spent at her house when I was growing up.  Having grown up with my grandparents right across town means my entire childhood is peppered with daily life memories of my grandparents.  I'm not sure I'll ever be able to fully express how meaningful that experience and those memories are to me now as an adult.  It is something that I truly cherish.  But how do I highlight some of the super simple things that will forever remind me of Grandma Viv?

The answer:  A photo collage.



















I love how it turned out and hope she loves it too!

2 comments:

  1. That is so great! She will *love* it!

    For my page, I'm cheating and reworking an old blog post of mine.

    http://frazzledbutlovingit.blogspot.com/2009/09/grandmother-love.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, your blog post made me cry!! Of course I will NEVER be able to forget that bathroom either. Your description of it is spot on, and I love that you mentioned the name of perfumes found on her counter. (I always squirted perfume on after church-- Mom always scolded me & Grandma always told me I smelled nice) She would always french braid my hair in two long braids (when it was long enough) for special occasions like Christmas concerts or piano recitals. And while I LOVED the look of the braids, it was not achieved without pain! She would tug and pinch and pull and twist and dig those tiny pointy combs though my hair to achieve a perfect braid--as I would sit backwards on the toilet and grip the heck out of the sink. I think that as long as I live, I'll remember spending time in that bathroom-- perhaps I need to write a post similar to yours! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

      Delete