Sunday, February 10, 2013

Writing Prompt #1: Introduce

My cousin has been doing writing prompts on her blog and I love them.  Last year, I attempted this task, but the moderator would only post the prompt randomly which didn't work for me.  So, I'm going to attempt this again, perhaps not daily, but hopefully very frequently.  I apologize in advance if you're bored to tears through all this!

Prompt: Current Photo, Introduce, 15 interesting facts

Oh jeepers.  Current photo?  How 'bout this:


Introduce:
  This seems a bit silly since the five people who read this blog know me but if I had to introduce myself in a 30 second elevator ride, I'd say something like this.  I'm your basic midwestern 30- something wife and mom.  I'm the most average of average people, but yet I think I'm high on the fun side (many others might disagree).  My life is currently absorbed with kissing boo-boos (see above photo), playing trains, and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Professionally, I feel like I have the "best of both worlds" as I am an Elementary School Counselor from 8:00-12:00 each day, and "Mommy" for all the other hours.  I enjoy my job but I'm pretty sure I'm still not sure what I want to do when I grow up.  When I find myself with free time, I love to read, knit, scrapbook, and make crafty stuff.  When the weather is actually nice, you'll find me outdoors-- on a walk, bike ride, or in the pool. At the end of the day, you'll find me holed up in our house, totally settled in for the night.

15 Interesting Facts:
  Again, I'm guessing that anyone who reads this knows these already.  But here goes.  (I'm going to rack my brain for something interesting.....yikes)

1. I enjoy triathlons and secretly hope to someday complete a 1/2 Ironman
2. I love roller coasters.  The tea-cups make me sick.
3. As a kid, I thought I'd someday become a veterinarian.  But then I fainted the three times I tried to do an observation for a 4-H project.
4.  As a high schooler, I thought I'd become a Marine Biologist and work at Sea World.  Then I took Chemistry.
5.  I have gone sky-diving.  A-maze-ing.
6.  I have gone spelunking in the longest cave in North America (Mammoth Cave).  They measured us before we went because some of the holes we had to crawl through were pretty small.
7.  I'm a reader.  Usually, I'm in the middle of 3 or 4 books.  Right now it's 4.
8.  I got my first cavity at age 20.  Totally traumatized me.
9.  I once was given a speeding ticket, only to have the officer call me on my home phone later that night and tell me that I was so polite and calm and friendly that he was voiding the ticket.  (no, I did not get a date out of that)
10.  I don't consider myself to be athletic but I really wish I was.
11.  I've been to five countries. (USA, Spain, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Mexico, and technically Switzerland but only for a night)
12.   I'd love to learn how to saddle a horse.
13.  Mason and I think we could win "The Amazing Race".
14.  I've only skied in Colorado.  The first time I ever was on skis, I ended up on a Black run.  It took me almost two hours to get down the hill but I survived.  Barely.  After that, I sat in the chalet and drank for the rest of the day while my friends skied.
15.  My favorite summer job was that of camp counselor during the summers of '98 and '99.  One summer I stayed at camp as a cabin counselor and the following year I co-led 12 day hiking and rafting trips.  Amazing friends, good tan, great memories.

3 comments:

  1. This is great! Skydiving? For real??

    Here see 2 prompts from my writers group if you want to use them:

    Hesitation (email me if you want to read my piece on this. I did not post it to my blog)

    Pick a theme song for your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could definitely win the amazing race, unless MAry and I were on the same season, we might give you a good run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's any consolation I think you and Mason could win the Amazing Race too.

    ReplyDelete