Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not much good when it comes to baking.  It's much too precise. Much too mathematical.  Much too 'concerned with the details' for my liking.  I've learned that 1/2 tsp in baking really needs to be 1/2 of a teaspoon.  Things could go really wrong if you only have a 1/4 teaspoon, and this I've learned the hard way.  I much prefer cooking-- where you can toss together ingredients as you go, adding spices along the way and substituting impromptu ingredients when you run short on something.  Usually, I leave the baking to Sister.

So when the holidays roll around, I turn to her for help.  It's fun baking with her.  Everything we make ends up looking the way it's supposed to look and she's organized enough to check her ingredient list before we begin.  Earlier in December, we headed her way for the (hopefully annual tradition of) Christmas cooking baking day.

All was merry.  (Except for the random whining over more cookies.  That got a little annoying.)

She's soooo organized!!  

First casualty of the day.  Whoops. 
He'd never seen something so amazing.




All was quiet upstairs.... but this is what we found.  




Every single time.  Note to Liz:  Add more flour!  
I got tired documenting the day with photos so we don't have any "after" shots.  But mostly everything turned out great.  The littles had so much fun with each other and having Sister only 90 minutes away is a definite plus.  What a merry weekend.

Oh, and the state trooper who pulled me over for going 73 in a 55 (dang Nevada speed trap!) on the way back was quite the merry holiday elf for just giving me a warning.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment