Sunday, December 22, 2013

Soak It Up


"Life certainly has it's ups and downs and gets really messy.  It's all we can do to just hang on, cling to those around us, and keep on keeping on.  Hang in there."--me

I've texted these words to a few friends this month, who have struggled with some pretty big and complicating life issues.  The words are nothing really profound, but it's the best I can do to let them know that yes, life can really suck at times.  But you know what?  It's also pretty amazing at times, too. And regardless of whether or not you're in the midst of a sucky time or an amazing time, we must keep waking up in the morning, and putting one foot in front of the other.  And, no matter where we are on this journey of life, I personally believe, that it's always better when other people experience it with you.  If 2013 has taught me anything, it's to allow yourself to soak or wallow or marinate or what have you in whatever experience you're having at this exact moment.

In Spahnville, the recent moments have been more on the amazing side.  I'm soaking up little things that make me smile and make me appreciate where I am in life.  Things such as:

Our 2014 Christmas tree.  
Listening to Grandma Ruby's voice, reading "The Night Before Christmas".  
Bedtime stories in front of the Christmas tree.  And a little sip of wine, too.

Loving two little people more than I could imagine.  (Doesn't hurt that they're so dang cute)

Catching the last rays of sunshine.  Around 5:00 pm.
Hazy snowy wintery sunrises.  


Goofy coworkers

Downtown lights.  And smiles.


And if you're still a little "Grinchy", then go grab a cup of hot chocolate and watch this video.  It reminds me SO much of my elementary school and I'd be lying if I said that it's not probably my favorite part of working in an elementary school.  Enjoy!  (I know it's four minutes, but it's worth it!!)


Wouldn't it be nice if we only experienced amazing times?  If we could just soak and soak and soak some more in the good stuff this life has to offer?  The only problem is that I'm afraid the amazing wouldn't feel quite so amazing if we weren't ever privy to the sucky.  So for those of you who are in the midst of the not-so-great stuff, allow yourself to wake up in the morning, soak it up a little and remember that amazing moments are coming down the pipe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment