Thursday, September 4, 2014

What We're Learning 9-2-14

This conversation from Tuesday:

(Logistics make it easy for Nicole to pick up C from preschool and drop him off at home-- where I can greet him.  So far, this is working great.  He's excited and eager to tell me about his day the minute he walks through the door. ---this excitement fades approximately three minutes later when he's immersed in something else---like playing dinosaurs--so I'm glad I have the opportunity to sieze it!)

Me:  Hey Buddy!  How was preschool?!

C:  Great.  We learned fire safety.  We did a fire drill.  Do you know what that is?

Me:  Nope.  Tell me what happens in a fire drill.

C:  Well, first of all, Miss Kruger will say, "Fire Drill! Blue line!" And then we line up on the blue line and we go outside where it's safety.  pause....   And it doesn't matter if we leave our backpacks in our lockers because they can get all burned up.  So we just leave 'em there for them to get all burned up.  And all the stuff inside can get burned up.  And we just only need to get us outside.  Because we can buy another backpack but you can't buy another kid.  Nope.  You can't buy another me, Mom."

Me:  Let's blame this next part on pregnancy hormones....cue the eye watering.....  You're right Charlie, we can never buy another you and that would be the saddest thing ever.

C:  Can I have a snack?



Preschool is off to a great start and so far, Charlie seems to enjoy it and remains excited about it.  Last night at dinner we learned about the door helpers (#1 and #2) and what the teacher helper does.  It's funny to me that these conversations are even interesting---living in elementary school world where I see kids do 'their jobs' everyday and don't think anything of it.  Really, how hard can it be to be 'paper passer'? But hearing it from the mouth of my babe is just so different.  He has a job!  He's a door holder!  Wow!  He's freaking awesome, right?   (Go ahead, roll your eyes... I will too when I read this post in a few years.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment